Re: dedication and sacrifice

There's no reason one cannot be a good musician, good spouse, good parent, and hold down a ful time job.  You
just need to budget your time wisely, and know a few "tricks".

"Practice" isn't always "hands on", nor is all playing "practice".

One trick that I use is to practice mentally.  Whenever there's music playing, my mind is practicing playing
that music on harmonica, guitar, bass pedals, and singing.  I practice it in different keys, positions,
tempos,etc.

Another trick is to involve your family in the music and practice.  That way, you get wifie, kiddies, and
music - all in one fell swoop.

The more you gig, the less you need to practice.

LIVE tunes by The IronMan Curtis BonTemps Blues Band:
http://d852737.u327.webnewport.com/songs/ironman/WalkingToNewOrleans.mp3
http://d852737.u327.webnewport.com/songs/YouAreSoBeautiful.mp3
http://d852737.u327.webnewport.com/songs/ironman/PrettyWoman.mp3
http://d852737.u327.webnewport.com/songs/StormyMonday.mp3
Live video of IronMan http://www.studiocam.org/rplayer/rplayermc56.htm

Health care for blues musicians?  Sign the petition!
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/qd3d2222/petition.html

- -IronMan Mike Curtis http://www.ironmancurtis.com *Southland Blues Magazine
http://www.SouthlandBlues.com TU 8pm jam Starboard Attitude, Redondo pier
2nd & 4th Sunday, after football (9ish), The Crest, Torrance
Last SUN, LARHA HarpJam, Tia Juanas, Irvine