RE: Old Timey Harmonica

>From: Glenn Weiser <glennw@xxxxxxxxxx>

>Hey gang-
>
>I'm expanding my celtic harmonica discography to include old-timey music.
>Who can tell me about good CDs in this genre? Please reply with titles and
>catalouge numbers.
>Related to this, I just got a CD from a Down Under player named Tony Eyers.
>Anyone know him?
>
>Glenn Weiser
>http://www.celticguitarmusic.com/harppage.htm

Hello Glenn

I know this doesn't really answer your question but....

Tony sent me his CD too, and it's quite an impressive production eh?  I also
have James Conway's "Mouth Box" (I'm sure you have too), a CD by James
Thurgood called "Handy Little Rig" and one called "A Blow for Peace" by two
Irish guys called Noel Battle and Dave Hynes - trad Irish and more on
harmonica with a Christian flavour, very tastefully done.  All worth
investigating.  I believe James Conway has another CD on the way too.  All
the ones I've got I've mentioned on my website with links.  One day soon I'm
hoping to have one of my own.  You'll be the first to know!

All the best and merry Christmas

Steve Shaw

Want more than the blues?  Try Irish!
http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica