Re: dedication and sacrifice

In a message dated 12/18/2003 11:23:25 AM Central Standard Time,
leone@xxxxxxxx writes:
A person who is independently self-sufficient, may have the time to
do it as long as they have the funds to cover the years and years of
"Dedication". Dedication is nice, mind you, but all the dedication in
the world won't help a poor person, who needs to feed themselves
first. :)
My friend Arthur "Guitar" Kelley (Nov. 14, 1918 - Sept. 17, 2001 - RIP) told
me his first contact with a guitar was when a young man (Arthur Gerald, who
later became his brother-in-law) who was dating his sister, bought a new guitar
and gave Kelley his old 12 string guitar.  From that moment on, he practiced
on the guitar any time he wasn't in the fields working.  He recalled lying flat
on his back in his bed every night with the guitar across his chest learning
to pick out a song.  Regarding the Stella guitar, he said he "wore it out"
learning to play.  Kelley went on to record on Excello, Arhoolie, J.D. Miller's
Blue Horizon, he is in the Louisiana Blues Hall of Fame and went to Washington,
D.C. representing Louisiana blues for the National Council for the
Traditional Arts.
Boogie