Re: dedication and sacrifice

> How many of us are willing to make those sacrifices and show that much
> dedication?

But, the harmonica is just a toy.  Why would anybody devote so much to it?
But then again the piano is a toy too.  My own guess is you would have to
really be nuts.  If you are nuts and talented too then in the process you
will probably entertain a lot of people.  Maybe even build a decent career.

I can guarantee you that if I put that much sacrifice into my playing nobody
would care since I would still be mediocre, I'd be better for sure but
mediocre none-the-less.

I'll never put food on the table with this hobby but I did get myself to the
point where I find myself entertaining.  Occasionally somebody else
appreciates it.  In the meantime I'm raising a family, building missile
defense radars, playing basketball, reading some books, learning Spanish,
watching my elders die, etc..

It's good to leave some time for everything else.

Sam