too loud

sorry to repeat if I missed it but I didn't hear
anyone mention killing the electricity all together.

for me (as a player and in the audience) if its got to
be amplified (yes even a string bass or voice) then
all sorts of things are wrong: the hall is too big,
the audience is too loud, the band is not so good,
etc.

i've got speakers in my house, i dont want to spend
good money to go hear "live" music coming out of
speakers.

best,
mike c