From: owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Roger A Gonzales
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2003 10:59 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: What to do when it's too loud

There  is alot of validity to this Rob.  I experience it alot of times with
my own band.  The good thing is that with the drummer in my band, in fact
with all of us in the band, we know when it gets too loud and we adjust
accordingly.  The more experienced the players, the more aware the player is
about the volume.  This is unfortunately is not the case in many bands or
jam sessions I have played.  The bass player can be the culprit alot of
times.  They hear the drummer get too loud and man!...he's turned his amp up
before the guitar player.

Harmonica players have to accutally LET THE BAND GUYS KNOW that there is
just so much that you can ask from the instrument we play.  If we turn up
too much, things feed back, or everyone gets too loud and then the quality
of your sound goes to hell and you are probably being offensive to your
audience.  Not a good thing....

This is why I stay away from alot of jam sessions these days.  If it gets
too loud, I just pack up, keep my ear plugs in, and have a beer! ;)

regards,
Roger Gonzales