Re: wanted: Dennis Gruenling reviews

Hey Kcmojoe,

If you like swinging jump and West Coast style
blues you'll love Dennis's stuff. He's a phenomenal
harp player with exquisite tone (tone to die for),
original musical lines and he loves to play low-key
harps and gets some very nice chromatic numbers in
there as well.

"Jump Time" and "That's Right" are predominently in
that groove. "That's Right" features some great
songs with a female singer. Excellent material!

"Up All Night" aims squarely at a variety of
traditional Chicago style blues. Again, wonderful
stuff. Excellent musicianship and great
arrangements.

Dennis is one of the top players in the country,
IMO. Really, you can't miss. Charlie Musselwhite
had some good things to say about Dennis too:

"Dennis Gruenling is one of my favorite harmonica
players; his tone and phrasing is as good as it
gets!" - CHARLIE MUSSELWHITE

Go for it, Dude!

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

- --- spierm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm interested in hearing what anyone has to say
> about D.G.'s c.d.'s before I let loose of any
> hard-earned bread.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens