Re: conventions

> I pushed hard last year to get Jason Ricci (post Big Al), but to no
> avail.  I was told that budget constraints pushed the entertainment
> toward solo and duo acts rather than whole bands, despite the fact
> that Jason told me that they'd do it for a couple of comp'd hotel
> rooms and make it up by booking into local clubs around the same
> time.  He even offered to make the band available for jams, etc.

Unless SPAH or Buckeye specifically asks attendees who and how to book, this
endeavor is best left as an unauthorized "wish list" posting.

The best conventions (harmonica or otherwise) are shaped by strong internal
artistic decisions and visions. Once you open the "booking" door to attendees,
you run into"too many chiefs and not enough indians" and also possible hard
feelings when suggestions are not followed.

Until you go through the process of booking and running a convention
yourself, you can't know everything that is involved - from money issues to
personality concerns.

The Iceman