Re: Jerry Murad Chromonica Book

>This afternoon, whilst rummaging through the sheet music at Half Price
>Books, my wife came across this harmonica book called "Jerry Murad's
>Harmonicat - technique for the super chromonica", published by Pallma Music
>Products Corp.- Chicago in 1949. The book is in mint condition and was
>priced at a mere .98 !! When I got home I opened the cover and on the title
>page it is signed: "To my friend Harry 'King' Cole, the very best, Jerry
>Murad" !!! Inside are a bunch of pictures and info about the layout of the
>chrom, basic theory, repair and some really cool arrangements. My questions
>to all the experts out there are:
>1. Does anyone know who Harry "King" Cole is?
>2. What might the collector's value be of this, particularly since it is
>signed?
>3. (see 2. but it looks better to have 3 points) Should I put it in an acid
>free bag and leave it alone or should  I go ahead and use it, since the
>chart arrangements are very cool?
>
>Actually, I guess I can just copy the charts if It's too valuable to use
>daily.
>/tim_d
>.

   Q#1. Harry Cole?.........no help here
   Q#2. Probably only to a Harmonicats collector, BUT, (I) would hang on to it.
   Q#3. Yes, copy what you need and put it in storage. Jerry was NOT
in the habit of signing ANYTHING. He did NOT believe in autographs,
therefore very few are floating around......smokey-joe