Re: Bb on a C harp...why?

Mike Curtis wrote:

> Never make artificial, contrived rules that restrict your field of
> play.

Whilst I appreciate the point you are making and for the most part
agree with it, I feel obliged to comment that making artificial
contrived rules to restrict your field of play can sometimes be a very
valuable creative exercise.

William Russo's excellent book "Composing Music: A New Approach" uses
this approach a great deal. Igor Stravinsky is supposed to have said:
"the more restrictions I put upon myself, the freer I become".

 -- Pat.