QUERIES RE TONGUE.

Hello to all the Harp-l community.This is my first time posting to this forum but may I say how interesting and informative I have found the comments etc.
I would appreciate it if someone could advice me on 2 issues confounding me @ present.
1. Is a 3hole tongue split ever employed in playing.What I mean by this is, say whilst drawing in on holes 2,3,4, block 3 to give a 2-4 split.I came across this in a transcription of Little Walter's ahww Baby, however have never encountered it in instruction books etc before or since.It seems quite a tough embouchere.
2.How does   Ric Estrin play the opening bar on Marions mood, off Kid Ramos' Greasy kid album.I appreciate there is tongue work involved but cant figure it.
Thanks . Regards,Sean BELFAST.