Re: Willow Weep For Me' - Bridge w/out overblows

Iceman wrote:

>In a message dated 8/4/03 12:23:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, pat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>you're going to have to do some
>accurate bending and/or overblowing when it comes to the bridge.
>
>If played in 12th position, you won't need any overblows.

Not if you do it in the lowest octave, but you are still going to have
to do some very accurate bending, or it will sound terrible.

The original poster did complain that the positions he had tried
required a lot of bends in the 2 and 3 holes - 12th position is no
better in this regard. If you play it in 12th in the middle octave you
will also need overblows. Personally, I think the easiest option would
be to play it in 2nd position and work on the hole 4 overblow.

 -- Pat.