Harmonica Instrumentals & Michel Herblin

My favorite French harmonica player, Michel Herblin, also has an excellent
instrumental CD. Ben, do you know if it is still available or if there are
new releases?

Michel was quite a character at the SPAH/Hohner International Competition
combo in the 1990's in Detroit. He is very tall and arrived at the hotel
announcing "I've come to win the competition". At first, this seemed like a
pompous statement, but he did indeed have everything it took to win first
place in 2 of the 3 diatonic catagories. I believe he came in second in the
third catagory. Getting to know him was a blast and his personal confidence
in his own abilities was part of the package.

Great songwriting and playing. My only personal critique is that a lot of the
back up music is very "French Pop" style, a bit too syrupy for my ears to
fully enjoy the whole CD in one listening.

The Iceman