Re: Florida Philharmonic Review

Just to set the record straight, in all the classical harmonica concerto
concerts that I have played in my life, in every country on the planet, I
have never had an audience that didn't go nuts over a blues encore.  It
let's the people let their hair down!  They love and it usually turns into
a blues concert very fast!

The night of the review that was quoted, the audience wouldn't let me off
the stage; but classical reviewers never write that a concert was exciting.
They feel more that music is an art that should be endured rather than
enjoyed.

I have never seen a classical review for anyone that said, "Two thumbs up"
"A Must See!"  "Award winning performance!" - these are movie reviews for
average movies.

So if God played a concert at Carnegie Hall, the reviewer would write:
"Quite frankly God's tempo in the second movement was a bit slow.  And when
God played the three encores it seemed rather eccentric and self-centered."
Which means that even if the audience liked it, I the Critic, know better
than God that it doesn't belong in classical music.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio

http://www.robertbonfiglio.com