Re: Was "Mini Mics"

noticed someone had asked about the Microvox "Mini-Mic" in
a post a week ago or so.  I finally
figured out how to post to Harp-L
(with the gracious help of fjm...) after reading and
enjoying all your
posts for several years now.
I'm the guy that wrote the FAQ page for the
Microvox
Harmonica Microphone site mentioned at www.mrmicrophone.com. I wrote
that
FAQ  page a couple of years back when I was the U.S. distributor for the
Microvox
Harmonica Microphone.  I wanted to spend more time playing and
less time working at selling
so I have since given the business over to
my friend Dennis Oellig at the Mr. Microphone
site. I am no longer
affiliated with either the manufacturer or distribution sites (other
than
I  consider them good friends and great people to deal with...)
I still play the MV
"Mini-Mics" as my main gigging mic and
even though I carry some "back-ups" to gigs, I am still
using the first
MV  mic that I ever bought, several years ago and rarely use anything
else.
I have never found anything that suits my playing style any
better or  is more comfortable
for me to hold. It's actually like not
having a mic  in your hands except for the incredible
tone that you can
muster from  the tiny element and it's volume controlled belt pack.
Hand
effects and  "cupping"are greatly improved. As I've stated before,
they're not for
everybody, but they are a unique mic with an awesome
ability to cup and  overdrive. They do
take some getting used to and
impedance matching  with some amps that are built for harp
only, like
Harpkings,  and both the  Sonny Jr. 1 & 2, (but that's a simple matter of
an
adapter).
 If you're happy with your bullet or stick mics and your
sound, don't change
your rig !!!!...If you're tired of holding a lot of
extra "bulk" in your hands with your
harp, they're worth the try. Once
again, I'm not selling anything here, but just offering
my experience
with  these mics.  Play well,
                                          "Silk" Stegner