Re: RE10 and low impedance

Ben Nathanson wrote:
"Hearing nice things about the Electro-Voice RE10 mic, I wondered -- if it's
a low-impedance mic like the SM57 -- how RE10 users handle amplification.
Straight to the PA? Or to an amp with a transformer? Or a pre-amp?"

Just like with a 57 (or ANY mic), I'd say all of the above.
Some, I'm sure, prefer playing straight to the PA, others use a low-to-hi-z
transformer and play into an amp, and still others through a pre-amp. It'd
really depend on the type of sound the player was going for. As always,
different strokes for different folks.
MN