Where did the blues come from?

There is no good answer to this question so I just make up another one.

I invented the blues, actually me and two other kids, Andy McDonahue and
Pattrick Morrway.  The 1960's were pretty boring and we just started singing
the stuff we were hearing on the radio.  We called it the blues cause we
were only four years old and didn't have that big a vocabulary.

I forgot about it for a long time and now as an adult I realize that lots of
long dead musicians had been listening to us and copying our creation.

Few people remember how screwed up time was back then.

Sam

- -