RE: REPOST: NY Reedsters -- Thanks to Rob & Wade

Jimbeau wrote:

"I had the wonderful pleasure of attending the NY
Reedsters gathering on
Sunday. This is my third one, and all I can say is
that they keep getting better and better."

I, too, had the honor of being in attendence at Wade's
loft.  I was in NYC on biz earlier in the week and got
to hear Howard Levy and Anthony Molinaro's concert at
Rockefeller University on Friday (wonderful), Wade's
band, Hazmat Modine at Terra Blues on Saturday
(fabulous and hilarious, with Joe Daley - the tuba
king of the universe - providing an awesome bottom to
the band), then the loft extravaganza on Sunday.
Definitely a "drinking from the firehose" weekend for
a harp nut like me.

The French harmonicist Jimbeau mentioned is Frederic
Yonnet, an exceptional talent and a gracious gentleman
who oozes that European charisma from every pore.

Rob and Wade are two very generous and warm fellows
that perform a huge service to the harmonica world by
putting this thing together.  This was my first NY
Reedsters gig, and I will sure try to hit the future
meetings of this august group.  Just astonishing!

Mr. G