Little Walter biography reviewed by Glenn Weiser for Metroland magazineC

Glenn writes:
Did he ever record straight acoustic, miked only? I know he recorded
on guitar, but I don't think those cuts are unamplified acoustic
guitar.
You couldn't really play acoustic with drums in there, right? That
was my point.
_________
Aha!  Yep, you're correct on that -- LW was playing amplified guitar
on those cuts.  Sounds like a big hollow-body acoustic/electric.  As
far as Billy Gibbons stating LW was one of his favorite guitarists,
frankly that surprises me, but hey, that's what makes the world such
an interesting place, no? <shrug>

Just now I'm popping a 78 of Muskadine Blues on the ol' Thorens.
While I'm a massive LW fan, and Walter's guitar work on Muskadine is
not without a certain charm, it's also out-of-tune and, well... let's
just say personally I'd rather hear him play harp. :)  No dis, just
one man's op.  In fairness, now I'll have to go re-listen to Money
Marbles and Chalk, which I had forgotten also features LW on ax...

And on an altogether different note, I'd like to take this
opportunity to wish everybody on the L a peaceful and very Merry
Christmas.  And party hearty on New Year's!

cheers,

- -Tom Ball