Re: harp-l-digest V10 #4

Robb Bingham wrote:
> Listen. Can anyone give me the straight skinny on if
> the Filisko/Sleigh/Gordon harps are all comparable.

To which I reply:

I don't have experience with the Filisko or Sleigh products, but I have had
great pleasure from Jimmy Gordon's harps.  That said, I think there are too
many variables to ask for a straight comparison.  Yes, they all use
the "Filisko Method", but to what end?  Good harp techs (and these certainly
are) can set up your harp for how you want to play.  Do you play hard or soft?
Do you need overblow capability, or not?  I don't know how many Harp-Lers have
a Filisko, a Sleigh and a Gordon set-up for the same performance
characteristics.  Suffice to say, these are three of the top harp techs
around.  If you communicate well, what your expectations are, I'm sure you
won't be disappointed.

Regards to all,

Larry Boy Pratt