Re: Favorite Blues Quote

>How about  "kick 'em again while they're still down"

I'm down with that......

Go see sonny rollins tonite !  i would but we got other stuff to do.  A
friend grabbed me last minute to see betty seveert a couple of nites ago,
early show at 1st avenue, not bad, but then after I mosied over to catch
rj.  he kinda sucks (nice suit though), but it helped make my meesly point
on harp-l.  actually, he phrases and sings ok.  the band seems a little
white bread to me (new bass player).  I talked to Jeff a lot and he knows
you and my neighbor, Chuck A.  Turns out Chuck has so much equipment, he
loans it to them all the time.  Guess there was a piano spotlight at the WJ
this last year and he was supposed to play with somebody on maybe 4 tunes
max and he shows up with a bus load of equipment and 4 guitars on some rack
(EC was here).  strange, but at least he's not mike curtis.

oh yeah, i thought you'd get a kick out of the fact that rj used a new harp
on one tune and had to frickin' stop cuz one of the reeds was gapped wrong
-- not only doesn't he check the gaps or any repair as you've told me (hows
them marine bands comin?), he doesn't even break them in or even play them
before performing. He turned it into a joke, and the audience didn't mind,
but more bizarreness.  Lonnie Brooks is comin' back.

tuned up, but still full of shit.........harv