Re: Blues Quote

> g/mail/postponed-mail/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
>

> Hi Kurt:
>
> > Nobody loves me but my momma,
> > and she may be jivin' too.
>
> Yeah, that line is a classic!  I'd buy one if I didn't already have a
> great B. B. King T-shirt from the Blues Music Festival he played here
> a couple years ago.
>
> Just remembered a quote from a phone interview with Buddy Guy, too, that
> was funny but not really what you want:  "Blues players are like whiskey.
> They get better the longer you keep them in the bottle." (Referring to his
> recent popularity after years of plugging away at his craft in relative
> obscurity--in "some" circles, anyway.)

I like the exchange between Little Walter and Leonard Chess in the studio,
when Walter was grousing about a microphone he didn't like.  Chess was
telling him "just try it - it's like if you kill someone first, and then
say you're gonna kill 'em."  Walters response was ".... I don' wanna kill
no one..."

Now figure out how to put all that on a T-shirt that doesn't belong to
Dolly Parton 8-}

 -- mike