ranges on harps...

I think I want to buy a chromatic. Ok that's not a problem - but I don't
want to go wading in with credit cards firing and spend a lot of cash on
something I may not like.

Could some one please explain the range of the various CX series harps,
from 8 to 16 hole. Could the Slide harp also be explained. From what I
hear it is almost a chromatic, but needs a few bends to get the extra
notes. I feel this may act as a 'transistion instrument' to get me from
diatonic to chromatic. By the way is the slide harp valved like the
chromatics ?

Learn as if you will live forever.
Live as if you may die tommorrow.

Paul.