Re: Recalibrate A=440

At 4:07 PM 3/29/95, Harvey Andruss wrote:
>A few comments on tuners' capabilities :  I think the Seiko, Korg and other
>analog units are great, but the Korg DT-1 is a little less expensive,
>emulates the analog read-out well, and has a fast *and* slow response --
>~fast~ being similar to what an analog meter does (not real fast, but jumps
>around a bit for harp), and ~slow~ being specifically designed for wind
>instruments and "the natural variation" associated with them. Seiko offers
>a model 1200 that is similar (digital emulation of analog meter) that has a
>larger range than the Korg, probably has all the features of the 1000, but
>it's a bit more money. The Korg is the size of two 10 hole harps out of the
>case (small), listens to 7 octaves and generates 4 to a 1/4" female jack.

I also use this tuner and it has worked well for me. I got for $60 at
Guitar Center. I was real impressed with Filisko's strobe tuner and wish I
had one but it cost him $350.

As Harv mentioned, it's easy enough to re-calibrate the tuner such that the
center frquency is the desired frequency of the reed to be tuned. It's much
easier to read a meter straight up than to try and eyeball 2Hz off center.

Rkt