Re: Next Step (TV)

> > Grievin' Steven at the Harmonica Store was showing me a stacked harmonica
> > a year or two back.  It was small, like a diatonic, but had C and Db harps
> > in it.  It had a double row of holes, and you "slide"  it by playing the
> > lower set.  I forget what it's called, and am not sure as to the
> > manufacturer.  I'll ask Steven next time I see him.

Grievin' Steven said it was a Tombo S-50.  It's kind of tube shaped, and
has an upper and lower row of holes.  It's a 12 hole, chromatic tuned
model; essentially a chromatic lacking the slide mechanism.  To shift
"sharp", you play the "other" row of holes.  As of a year ago, they're no
longer available in the US.  i'm not sure if they're available anywhere
else.

Steven has a very impressive collection of harmonicas, and is a favorite
at jam sessions and such when he breaks out his latest toy (or oldest,
for that matter.)  If you're in LA and haven't been to the Harmonica
Store, it's well worth a visit.  They have an impressive collection of
harps and harp related stuff.

<From the original description (Black bodied harp that plays "all notes"),
the harp shown on TV sounds like a CX-12.

Of course, it _could_ be a valved Special 20, too :-)))

(Oh, c'mon - you didn't think I'd let an opportunity like that get away,
did you :-)

 -- mike