re: mic/feedback

just quick...

for a mic I use a Peavey 380SM, ball mic,
very much like a Shure 58 and I like it: easy to hold
and very clean. It's low-z so I use an adaptor to 1/4"
and use a Roland DAC-15 amp (with 4 6" speakers) as a
pre-amp/stage monitor (I love the edge I get from its
distortion and it's not that feedback prone even at high
gain. If I do run into feedback problems, I insert a VestaFire
parametric EQ pedal between the mic and amp and just
notch out the usual feedback frequency (usually just
over 1000hz). It's a long way from traditional but I love
the sound I get: "cuts like a knife..."

...for what its worth...

Ron Good