RE: FAQ Volunteer

I also have been working independently (and very slowly) on what was
suggested by Bart (and a few others) as an outline from around 7-Oct-94
(wow, time does fly....). I have even attached some pieces from the Gopher
over the last few months.  It needs to be honed down for the reasons you
and others have mentioned (it's much easier to build than to edit, right
Mikey :-) ..... Everybody pile-on ! :-))))))))

Included in what I have are some of the amp/mike discussions, a few older
things on overblowing and some on scales/chords (like what Michalek
recently posted, but previous versions of the similar subject matter).  My
approach has been to scan the archives, pull up the relevant article(s),
paste it into the supra-FAQ, and then reduce, reduce, reduce.......

I have not compiled anything on the recent excursions into valving
diatonics nor harmonica care and handling, nor anything on artists or
historical items (which is actually the stuff I have the most questions
about, but usu. they get asked and answered before I can articulate  :-))
How's this part comin' Bart? Any more volunteers here?

I recommend we spend another week or so on it, slap them together, post it
to the Gopher, and have people take pot shots at them for another week --
"that part's too long", or "there's nothing on.....", and "what about...."
I also recommend we keep it to 30 K for the "Quick Install" or "Instant
Harmonica" version, and any subjects begging for more coverage could get
another FAQ written up later by interested parties (I was thinking perhaps
eventually there would be a "Blues Harp FAQ", "Chromatic FAQ", "Trio FAQ"
etc.)

I'm out this week and will be back Thursday to continue working on it then.
Comments welcome on- or off-list.

Harv <HAAndruss@xxxxxxx> -- opinions mine

PS -- what's that space shuttle 900# again, Will ?  Can I get a "witness"
to that video, Rkt-man ??????  Arigatoh, B* !