Re: Mic question.

> At 07:50 AM 3/27/95 -0700, Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >Buy a Shure and pound nails with it.  FJM
>
> I'm not Shure if Barry is serious here, so I'll ask ... Barry, are you being
> serious?
>
> I know I've said this again and again, but I'll say it again (and again).
> If you have been exclusively using a bullet for some time, you might want to
> go try a Shure SM57.
>        hugh
Yes I'm  serious.  The Shure mics are how shall we say it?  Bullet
proof.  Before my SM 57 got intermittent it's all I ever used.  The only
reason I don't use it now is there's a short in the head somewhere  and
I've never bothered to send it back to Shure for a new cartridge.  Money
more than anything else dictated the mic that replaced the 57.  I lucked
into a good deal on a brand new used Shure Green Bullet.  It's not a
crystal mic and it bounces around in my equipment milk crate without a
whimper.  Like the 57 the range of sounds available is greater than the
Astatics.  YesI know you've all heard a different story but it doesn't
jibe with my experience.  So Hugh, in summary all I meant about go pound
nails with  the Shure is that they're awesomely built and engineered
microphones that take a licking and keep on ticking.  Night after night
after night.  I'd gig with a 57 in a heartbeat and it was all I used for
5 years.  FJM