Re: Mic question.

On Mon, 27 Mar 1995 elliott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  The crystal mic elements are fragile.  Like several other people have
> said, my JT-30 has taken a few minor drops w/o any problems.
>  However, extreme heat will kill a crystal.  I learned the hard way
> after leaving a mic in a car on a hot summer day in South Carolina.
>  I try to give my JT-30 as much TLC as possible.

 I've rigged up a case for my mics. I took a zip-up cloth portable
cassette case (available in most record stores for less than $10) and
lined it with foam rubber packaging material on both sides. The result -
a case that holds two bullets and a vocal mic firmly. It is waterproof,
shock resistant and provides insulation from heat and cold.