Re: ALAN WILSON NON OVERBLOW

At 5:17 PM 3/25/95, Dan Day wrote:
>Canned Heat retrospective "Uncanned".  Track 1 is a version of "On the
>Road Again" recorded in April of 1976.
>
>        Anyway, give it a listen; it's too bad this track wasn't back
>then, it would have added even more to the Alan Wilson legend.

Canned Heat may very well have recorded On The Road Again in 1976 but not
with Alan "Blind Owl" Wilson. He died in 1969 or 1970. Wilson and Robert
"The Bear" Hite were the original founders and driving force behind Canned
Heat. Both were dead by 1976.

I have a video of Canned Heat doing a milli-vaniili of the original side of
On The Road Again from a late 60's prime time rock show. The video has
Wilson playing acoustic guitar and singing while the Bear harp-syncs to
Wilson's studio harp track. I know a couple of prominent Harp-ler's who
have also witnessed this video.

Rkt