Re: New to the harmonica

> most bad and the good ones are forgotten as soon as the harp leaves my hand.

I like to use a tape recorder when I practice.  I think I've added more
good riffs to by bag of tricks that way than any other single method.
Plus - I don't have to "find out how he did that" :-)

> 	1) I've seen lots of debate here on valves and how they allow you
> to "bend" notes easier.  From the context I take this to mean be able to
> play sharps/flats.  How is this accomplished on an unvalved harmonica?

Windsavers (or valves) allow the lower note in each hole to be bent.  On
your harmonica, you can bend the higher note in each hole down toward the
lower note.

As much as I push valved harps, I don't recommend them for beginners.
Getting good bends is far easier on a nonvalved harp.  The interaction of
the 2 reeds helps control all bends except draw 3, which has three
possible semitones.  It naturally goes to the third semitone down unless
you control it.

With valved harps, ALL notes require this precise control.

> The above is a result of an Infinite Number of Monkeys(TM)

<scratch, scratch> hey - where's my banana?

 -- mike