Re: blues-l

At 01:52 PM 3/25/95 -0500, Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>A few months back, for whatever reason, I stopped receiving posts from the
>blues-l. A have since tried to subscribe and receive a message saying that I am
>already considered a memeber of the list. Any ideas on what is going on? Any
>suggestions as to how I might remedy this situation?

Sounds like a listserv problem.  Most sites have utilities that simply yank
you off the list if a certain number of messages bounce from your address.
Sometimes these bots screw up the config files.

With any mailing list, there will (or should - it's in an RFC somewhere, but
not everyone implements it) be a listname-owner, and/or a owner-listname
address which is read by a human being.

For example, mailing to owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx would land it in Chris's
mailbox.  cc'ing harpl-l-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx will make doubly sure.  So
anyway, try doing that with the current blues-l address (which I can't
remember).

BTW ... if Chris is listening (Oh God of harp-l hear my prayers) ... could
you post a reminder to the list of how to un-subscribe from harpl, and help
stamp out list-wide unsubs?  We're too busy discussing vacuum cleaners and
UNIX editors to be bothered with that stuff:)

   -- hugh
--
Hugh Messenger - VP and Systems Admin - Net Results Inc.
In mourning for the recent death of his Mac PowerBook.