Re: Billy Bizor

Billy Bizor died April 4, 1969.  He died of dropsy a somewhat rare
disease caused by several different bacteria.  The Texas harmonica
compliation mentioned in the earlier post features two of the best Billy
Bizor cuts, Take it Easy,and Screwdriver.  There is a Billy Bizor CD out
called Blowing My Blues Away.  It's on Collectables.  Billy Bizor was a
cousin of Lightning Hopkins and appears on several Lightning Hopkins
albums.  There's one other Billy Bizor recording that was oruiginally
released on Arhoolie, but I don't think it's in current release.  Billy
Bizor used several different spellings of his name, Biser, Bizer, so
don't be surprised if it's spelled differently on older recordings.  I'd
have to agree with the original poster Billy Bizor's tone is nothing
short of amazing. The collectables CD is definitely worth owning.  The
Texas compilatiom however is another matter.  The only two good cuts on
it ar Billy bizor's.  FJM