Alan Wilson, fussy?

To Rocket and Bill Grogan:

	I knew I would increase my chances for some discussion about Alan
Wilson if I used a word like fussy.  It's not my opinion, I dig the hell
out of him.  A friend of mine from L.A. used to play harp with the Outlaw
BLues Band in the late 60's (they recorded two albums on ABC/Bluesway). I
asked him what he thought of Alan Wilson since he had been on the same
bill with Canned Heat on several occasions.  He told me that while Alan
was technically a great player, he lacked spark in his performances and
seemed to concentrate on technique at the expense of oh, how shall I say
this, "getting it on for the audience". (Yeah, that'll do it -hee hee-
maybe I should of used "exploitive" and said he soaked his harps :) )

Anyway, I don't agree with my friend. I miss Alan and am sure he would be
quite a figure on the current scene.  As for that tone on "An Owl Song"
- most righteous.

Dan