Re: Muddy trivia

Bill Grogan writes...

>        I don't remember the Dr. Pepper commercial you mentioned with Muddy
>Waters and a harp player, but I suspect that the harper would be Carey Bell as
>you suggested.  They did a lot of stuff together then.

The Sgro Brothers (appearing April 7th at BHF '95, Columbus) did a lot of work
for Dr. Pepper too - radio commercials (TV?). Their pictures appeared on Dr.
Pepper signs and posters. This was probably in the late 50's / early 60's.
Another bit of trivia, although they were not the first harmonica act, they
were first harmonica duo on Grand Old Opry.

Jack