Blood

Bobbie,

O.K., I'm exaggerating (sp?), but my mouth/lips do tend to bleed if I'm playing
a 3 or 4 hour gig - I use mostly Lee Oskars, but the various cuts are a
long-term result of my playing too dry, which has caused a number of cuts on my
lips, and inside my lower lip, which open up every time I play for any length of
time. Kind of like when you cut yourself shaving, and that little nick just
starts to gush every time you shave for ever after - which is why I gave up
shaving (apart from congenital idleness) - this of course causes its own set of
problems - whiskers getting caught in coverplates, slide mechanisms etc, but as
I tell my audiences - "I've *suffered* for my art ...... now it's your turn"

Take care,
Steve Jennings,
Editor, Harmonica World