Re: Soaking test results

Mike,
I really enjoyed your discussion on dB's but would have to agree with your
method being less than Scientific by using an uncontrolled input device for
your test. I'm sure there probably still would have been a small difference
in volume but my original post was meant to show those less experienced on
the list, that soaking in general, especially wood combed harps, is a
disaster waiting to happen. I'm hope everyone agrees, as we would hate to
lead some poor soul astray. I can just see some less experienced individual
reading your posts, and then running home to try his "new found trick". He
dunks his Marine Bands in the bathtub(or cup of ice water) and then expects
someting to happen. After a while something will happen, gonzo harp city.
Now we've lead some poor fool astray. I think it much better for everyone if
the more experienced players on the list advocate NOT soaking harps with a
minor exception to the EXPERIENCED players. If was vey hard for the
novice(and me) to tell what you really meant with your soaking post.
Especially after you come back with proof of your theory. I would suggest
that you make some sort of clarification between, novice and experienced, or
between wood vs. plastic, because as I stated before, the OVERALL
concensus(sp) is soaking is bad, and that has been since "the dawn of time"

Tim Moody
MississippiSaxophone