Re: Soaking test results

>Is there be a particular "dB*" designation for this, showing that it's
>referenced to .0002 dyne/cm^2?

Glad I could help in your quest, Mike...

Often dB(SPL) is used to indicate that the measurement is
a Sound Pressure Level.  Often the frequency band of interest
is noted as well for a complete statement, such as the 500 Hz
octave band.  The (SPL) is usually dropped when talking about
"weighted" measurements, and the letter designation of the weighting is
used.  These are algorithms for coming up with single numbers that
approximate how humans percieve loudness, in other words, th weighting
roughly matches the response of the human ear. For example dBA indicates
an "A" weighting was used.  This is indeed the most common, check out the
noise specs on some of your equipment it'll often have something
indicating an A-weighting

Hmn...too tech?!  Hard for me to tell (I run into the same
problem trying to teach this stuff!).

Scott
BearComm