Re: Steve Baker Specials

> Going cheap?? Tell me more!  I like mine a lot for that low end.  The G,

I've only got in late. He had an F and a G available and someone else
got first grabs on the F.

> however, is not too interesting because it's tuned high, i.e. the lowest
> note is no lower than a regular G and the main octave is like on a Lee
> Oskar high G -- to much dog-whistle for most things.

That suits me. I'd like to have a G with a reasonable top end. The standard
bottom end is just to low and loose for most things.

> Sorry, can't give you the tuning now, but you know they basically have the
> four bottom holes repeated one octave lower, and they do some monkey business
> on the high end, which is tons better than the non-SB tuned Marine Bands of
> the same size.

I know they have that tuning on the Cs and Fs but I think the Gs and As
are different. That's why I was asking. Thanks for the help.

--
Survivors Describe A320 Flight As `Normal' (Aviation Week, March 6th 95)

Michael Carley, Mechanical Engineering, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
m.carley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 353-1-6081134