Paul Jones

Does anyone know where I can get a reasonable copy of the original
1965 issue of the "Five Faces of Manfred Mann" album
(Capitol, I think)? While everybody and their dog was doing
the Doo Wah Diddy bit I was just blown away by their covers
of Hootchie Koochie Man, Smokestack Lightning, Down the
Road Apiece, etc. -- and this stuff was on the same album.

As some 20 year old haircut with an attitude told me after I
told him these were my "blooze roots"..."oh man [I] ain't
authentic at all..." but I'm proud of my heritage and I owe
this album a huge debt. I never would have played harp at
all if I'd never heard it. I mean, it ain't Howard Levy or
Mark Ford but it is good, clean, expressive playing.

Thanks..Ron Good