Re: Windsavers

PAYNEJR@xxxxxxx writes,

>One of our club's (HOOT) great chromatic players (Ron Hampton)  replaced some
>bad windsavers on my chromatic. He simply cut them out of a piece of mylar for
>overhead projections.  Stuff you can get at any stationary store, bookstore.
>One sheet can make hundreds.  Why order windsavers when it's this easy.

I agree this should work as long as the plastic is not too heavy and stiff.
Other possibilities are the mylar snack (potato chip, etc.) bags should work.
Be sure it's clean and not too thin. Also, there are very strong paper mailing
envelopes (Fed Ex or others). These seem to be a paper with fibers running
through it or paper layers with mylar sandwiched in-between. Why not experiment
with different materials - report your discoveries to HARP-L. I've even used
the white edge of a nice, crisp dollar bill, this paper is just about perfect
in thickness and has good "spring" to it (and the buck still spends).

Other source(s) for windsavers:

Although he doesn't specifically advertise windsavers - John Infande's ad
implies that he sells them. At the bottom of his ad (in Harmonica Happenings,
AHN, etc.) it says "add $2.50 postage on all items except windsavers". So he
must have them. Give him a call or write to...

      John Infande
      8506-E S.W. 93rd St.
      Ocala, FL 34481
      (904) 873-0303