RE: re: Soaking Harps

Tim, Steve, Barry,

	I'll second everything the above 3 powerhouses said about reasons for
not soaking harps.  For all of the newbies or anybody else with wooden bodied
harps out there, as the commercial says "been there, seen it, done it, surfed
it".  It really causes the wood the swell even faster normal playing, thereby
cutting one's lips to shreds as indicated.   This was just one of the reasons
that I switched to plastic bodies about 15 years ago.  Of course, I DO slobber
more than the average person (OK, maybe that was just one more reason I fell
in love with the plastic jobs).
	Of course, your mileage may vary accordingly.
Regards,
Bill