Harps & Commericals

>>> Thomas Hinkle  3/22/95, 01:47am >>>

>Does it seem to anyone else that the harmonica appears a lot more in
>commercials than it does in all other areas.  Why is it that the
>harmonica is exploited in such a way?

What's exploitive about it?  A professional is being paid for
playing.  I wouldn't mind such a gig.

>What is it that makes the harmonica sell trucks?  Can someone
>explain this to me.

They don't.  But I'm sure you'll concur that the sound sure grabs the
viewers' attention, whatever the ad.

>I'm sick of hearing commercials end with some guy wailing on a three
>draw, as much as I love the instrument.

It soulds great to me!  Bring on the blue jeans!  the soda pop!   the
pork and beans!  Even saw a laxative ad w/ harp!