William clarke/Carlos Del Junco

I saw William Clarke last saturday night.  Wow!  Talk about a crazed man
and his harp.  It was a fabulous show.  Mr. Clarke played mostly out of
tune chromatics but I loved it anyways.  I got a brief chance to talk to
him after the first set.  He didn't have much to say to me, but did tell
me he was playing with a blue bullet through an original 1959 bassman.
It was obvious he had some e3ffects box as well but he didn't share any
info on that.  I only had a chance to see the first set, because of the
ill effect of four beers and several White Castles.  If Clarke is ever in
your area and you haven't seen him then he is definately worth the trip.

The word from Chicago is....

Carlos Del Junco is staying in Chi-town for the next few months thanks to
the Canadien Govronment.  the Canadiens are paying for Carlos to take two
lessons a week from Howard Levy.  What a vacation.

Local Minneapolis harmonica player Clint Hoover took to the studio on
saturday to complete he first jazz album.  Clint studied under Mike
Turk, Toots Thielmans and robert Bonfillio for over six years collectively.
His release should be a nation wide thing from
Blue Loon records.  This album should not be overlooked because
Clint plays both  Turk likechromatic and Levy style diatonic with the
best of them.
Will keep you all posted on the release date which should be May sometime.

-Chris MIchalek