Re: 11th position

wd6ehr@xxxxxxxxxx (Mike Curtis) wrote:

>Both of the problem notes above are easily gotten on a valved harp >using
bends.
                    -o-
>A note about playing valved harps - use less wind than you do on a >stock
harp.  I'm so used to valves, I often forget that they're also >wind savers.
 But a couple days ago, I got a new B natural Oskar >and was tooting on it
"straight" before valving it.  I was amazed at >how much wind it required
compared to my valved harps!  Holy huff >and puff, Batman :-)

>(And of course, once I valved it, I needed about half the wind it
>required "stock")

>I have a number of Lee Oskars and I'll agree, they do take alot of >wind

Mike:

I'm very curious......how do you valve a Lee Oskar Harmonic?

Thanks,

Bruce