House of Blues Harp Blowdown

Just got home about 2:30 am (PST) from the 9th Annual Harmonica Blowdown at
the House of Blues (Hollywood) - still high so I couldn't let this wait until
tomorrow!

A fantastic show that featured Snooky Pryor, Gary Primich, Lee Oskar, Sugar
Blue, Harmonica Fats, Brody Buster, Hook Herrera, Al Blake, and the Bernie
Pearl Blues Band.  I was privileged to sit in with Lee on BassHarp, which was
a gas for me.  Of course, the bass harmonica always fascinates those who have
never heard one, at least in the context of a blues band.

All players were in top form, and the sold-out show was a huge success.
 House of Blues Saturday night shows are always a sell-out, so it was great
to see a full house that stayed to the very end.  The finale was a jam that
was unbelieveable, featuring the entire cast of players with the exception of
Harmonica Fats, who was a little fatigued by that hour.  The show deserved a
standing ovation, and I am sure it would have received one if anyone had been
seated - the main floor of the room is standing-only - but the excitement
indicated a standing ovation, so we will say there was one.

To Cathy Norton - my first meeting with Gary Primich revealed that he really
is a sweetheart of a guy.  He also verified that he will soon be on the
Harp-L, as you said earlier.  It was fun talking with him regarding Harp-L,
and he reiterated that he enjoys getting all the info from you.

To Bob Williams - Gary also said he had been contacted to appear at the 1995
SPAH Convention Thursday Blues Night Show.  He is very much interested and
hopes to be there.

To Tomcat Colvin - I hope you were there, as you indicated you had planned to
be.  I am sorry that we didn't connect up, but I am sure you would have found
me if you were there.  If you were not, I am even more sorry, because you
missed a great show.

Back at you all soon ----  BassHarper  (Danny Wilson)