Re: 11th position

> Anyone use often or have some tips on 11th or some other good positions for
> blues?  Or just something to say about 11th?

I used to experiment with 11th position quite a bit.

I think 11th is quite usefull for a lot of stuff, I mainly used it for jazz.
It's worth checking out if you haven't used before.

A simple blues would be Blue Monk, it lays out fairly well in 11th.
I used to play it in that position all the time until winslow showed me
how to do it in 2nd.  Now I usually do it in 2nd except when people want
to do it in it's written key (Bb) or any other key that causes me to have
to use a higher keyed harp.

One way to practice this and all positions is to take a simple melody eg;
Oh Susanah... play it in the position you normally would do it in.  Then
find the harp to play the new position in and play the same notes.  It's
that easy.  Even better sit down at a keyboard and play the melody
simultaneously with the keyboard.

-Chris M