Re: cigarette smoke

At 7:42 AM 3/10/95, Mike Curtis wrote:
>"If you don't like it, choose some other profession".  Sorry, but no
>thanks.  If I don't like something, I fix it.  So do many others.  That's
>why we're discussing ionizers on a harp list.

Cool.  Anyone got a circuit diagram?

My point is just this.  Until it's illegal, most bars will allow smoking.
People like to drink, smoke and get on down.  No amount of ionizing is
going to stop you and your harps smelling like an ashtray when you leave
the club (if we frequent the same kinds of club).  If the club owner is
paying you to be there, it's part of your job to smell like said ashtray.

Or you could only play non-smoking clubs, but that kind of limits the
earnings potential for your band.

BTW, just for the irony of it, my band is playing The Vapours Club in Hsv,
AL, next Tuesday ... top of the bill for a Cancer Society benefit ... and
all five members of the band smoke like chimneys on stage ... except of
course I'm trying to give up ...

> -- mike

   -- hugh