Re: cigarette smoke

At 7:57 PM 3/8/95, Tim Wong wrote:
>[hippo wrote]
>"My point here, in case anyone misses it, is that "smokey blues bars" are by
>definition smokey.  If you don't like it, don't go.  Choose some other
>hobby or profession,"
>
>Ok - I am going to go watch some good blues bands carrying radioactive
>material
>- If you don't like getting radiated, take up stamp collecting.   What can i
>say?  I am addicted to the stuff, and you know where the door is if you don't
>like the unhealthy environment.

The problem with that argument is that there are laws governing where and
how you can carry radioactive material.  There are no laws about me giving
you cancer in bars while you give yourself liver damage.

Until I'm legislated against, I will continue to chain smoke my way through
gigs should I please (and get paid to so do), and you'll continue to get
quite rightly pissed at me for poisoning you.  That's life, and it's enough
to give a man the blues.

Then when they ban tobacco, you'll find illicit smoke-eezies and
smoke-jukes opening up, where the blues will be reborn all over again ...
"Oh dat bootleg baccy / it done waste me away / took all my money / and
threw me away" ...

BTW, I am particularly testy at the moment as I am trying to give up smoking #:(

   -- hugh