Re: cigarette smoke

I'm with Tim Wong--I prefer my radioactivity with blues.

No, but we dig the music.  I don't mind people drinking too much, though
you'd get fewer folks blowing your gig by blowing harp through your
performance if it didn't have to be supported by a liquor drinking
clientele.  The ciggie smell is nothing short of offensive.  I understand
it and I'm a big supporter of smoker's rights--if they can do it without
infringing on other people's space, on medical facilities, and on the
economy.

I'm pleased to say there's a new coffee house here that's a bit on the
yuppie side, but they're working with the Johnson County Blues Society to
book blues at least once a month.  They're a smoke free, alcohol free
environment.  The place is clean and well run.  I'm going to support
them.  The Java House in downtown Iowa City.  Will this wreck the music?
Give me a break.  I'm hoping they'll book more acoustic blues acts than
the bars.  So far so good.

I quit smoking ten years ago just to I could be this self-righteous, damn
it.

Now, if I could just get that damned caffine smell off my clothes and
harps...

	Steve